Every landlord has different types of tenants that they enjoy working with. Some properties in the Denver area cater to college students, while others target retirees. Whether your property is located in Lakewood, Englewood, South Denver, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Ken Caryl, or Aurora, if you want to attract families, you need to make sure that you have the things that families are looking for in a rental property. All County Denver South Property Management is here to help.
6 Things Families Are Looking for in a Rental Property
- Good Schools: One of the most timeless qualities that families are looking for in a rental property is access to great schools. Make sure that you market the strengths of schools surrounding your property so that families know their children will have an excellent education.
- Patio or Porch Space: While every property does not have a patio or porch space, if your rental property does, it is a wonderful thing to emphasize when renting to families. Patios, decks and porches give families a little more living space and allow them to spend time enjoying the outdoors in Denver.
- Appliances: While individuals and couples are not always looking for washers, dryers and dishwashers because they have a lower volume of dishes and clothing, they are often a must for families. Appliances add value to your rental property, and they make it much more appealing for families.
- Safety: Many parents are concerned about the safety of the properties that they are renting. Make sure that there are not hazards present on your property or inside of the rental property. Are the railings outside secure? Are the banisters inside secure? Is the neighborhood safe and walkable? Emphasize the safety of the rental property and add additional security measures if necessary.
- 2+ Bathrooms and 3+ Bedrooms: Families also need more space than individuals or couples. If you want to market your rental property to them, you should make sure to show off how many bedrooms you have (and their closet space) and the number of bathrooms and half-baths.
- Allowing Modifications: While you don’t necessarily need to permit radical modifications, letting tenants paint the walls and hang artwork show that you want them to feel at home. Families do not just want somewhere to sleep, they want somewhere that feels like home.
All County Denver South Property Management Can Make Attracting Family Renters Easy
All County Denver South Property Management is here to help property owners get the best return on their investment through knowledgeable and trustworthy property management services. From managing tenant relationships to lease enforcement, we look forward to working with you to see how your investment can be a long-term, stress-free asset. For a complimentary quote, call us today at (720) 664-4550.