If you are hoping to attract families at your rental property, tailoring your marketing, amenities and property to their needs is the best way to do so. Whether you own a home or an apartment that you are looking to rent, start by understanding what families are looking for in a rental property.
What Families Are Looking for in a Rental Property
- Safety: One of the primary things that families are looking for in a rental property is safety. Families do not just care about the safety of their home, but also the safety of their children when walking to the bus stop or their family members as they take the dog for a walk. Expect families to look at crime data online for the neighborhood before they settle on a property.
- Appliances: Families have more clothes and dishes to wash, so they are much more likely to be looking for a rental property that already includes major appliances like a washing machine, clothes dryer and dishwasher. While they are a significant investment, they are an excellent way to attract families and also allow you to charge more for rent.
- More Than 2 Bedrooms: Another big draw that families are looking for in a rental property is 3 or more bedrooms. While some families are fine with 2 bedrooms, if they are planning on continuing to grow, they might not stay for more than a year or two.
- Decorating Options: If you want families to stay a while and feel like they are at home, allowing decorations like painting and hung pictures is a great idea. You could also add a requirement that tenants paint the walls back to solid white before moving out to the lease.
- Great Schools: Families are also very concerned about the quality of the schools that their children will be attending. If you are trying to appeal to what families are looking for in a rental property, don’t hesitate to advertise the quality of the schools in your surrounding area.
All County Denver South Property Management Helps You Meet the Needs of Families
All County Denver South Property Management is here to help property owners get the best return on their investment through knowledgeable and trustworthy property management services. From managing tenant relationships to lease enforcement, we look forward to working with you to see how your investment can be a long-term, stress-free asset. For a complimentary quote, call us today at (720) 664-4550.